North Texas Family Law: Choices and Challenges
- “How can we get through this divorce without hurting our kids or hurting our business?”
- “How do we divide marital assets in a way that’s fair and still ensures we both have what we need to live a good life?”
- “I want to relocate with my kids, but my ex isn’t going to be happy about this. How can we make this work?”
- “My daughter/son can’t care for my grandchild anymore. Should I try to adopt my grandchild or should I seek legal guardianship?”
The decisions you make and the actions you take in a family law matter will affect your family for generations. You want to know that what you are doing is the best choice for all concerned, especially your children. You need a guide with experience who can share the advantages and disadvantages of each choice and counsel you through the emotional reactions that will harm all involved.
“Albin Roach knows the law and also understand the traumatic consequences of divorce and family matters. They gave me more than I paid for by being responsive to my changing needs.” — Rosalind T. Dapar Family Law Client
What Is the Right Course of Action for You?
The answer depends on your situation. That’s why your Plano, TX, family law attorney at Albin Roach will start your relationship by really listening to you in order to understand your goals, concerns, and life circumstances.
Many of our clients are uncomfortable with the idea of “fighting it out” in court. They want to arrive at a resolution to their divorce or child custody case as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Usually they’d prefer to resolve the issues themselves, rather than have a judge tell them what to do. We’re happy to say, most of this can be achieved.
Our family lawyers can negotiate results for you with the opposing attorney, or we can provide divorce mediation services if you would like to work with your partner to arrive at agreements on your own. Three of our firm’s lawyers are also certified mediators with extensive experience. We are equally prepared to take your case to trial if we can’t secure satisfactory results any other way.
Handling All Family Law Matters
Our Frisco divorce lawyers represent clients in Collin County and Dallas County, including Plano, Frisco, McKinney, and Allen, TX. We handle every kind of family law case, including:
- Divorce and related matters of marital property division and spousal support
- Complex property division in high-asset divorces and business divorce[link to business divorce]
- Child custody and child support
- Spousal support
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Modifications of court orders and help with enforcement of orders
- Adoption of a child by step-parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and others
Laura Roach is managing partner of the family law section. Laura has mediated more than 2,200 cases and settled 98% of them without the need for trial. She and her husband, John, a judge who presides over family law cases, wrote a book called “Divorce in Peace” to guide couples toward a less destructive way of handling their divorce.
Meet with a Family Law Attorney Serving Frisco, McKinney, Plano and Allen, TX
Schedule a time to meet with one of our family law attorneys. We think you’ll enjoy the comfortable, informal atmosphere of our office, and find our lawyers easy to talk to, and ready to explain your legal rights and options. Call Albin Roach at 214-430-4440 or contact us online.