Representing Executors, Administrators, Beneficiaries and Heirs
Serving Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Prosper, and Allen Texas
After the loss of a loved one, handling probate matters can feel like a daunting task. When you work with Albin Roach, you will have a team on your side to help you understand procedural rules, deadlines and court requirements. That can provide tremendous peace of mind at a time when so much can feel overwhelming and out of control.
Texas probate lawyer Jeffrey Yates assists clients with probate, estate administration, guardianship matters and Wills and Trust litigation. As with all legal matters handled by our firm, he works in the most cost-effective and efficient manner to minimize costs to our clients. Call 214-430-4440 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Plano, Frisco or Prosper law office.
What a Probate Attorney Can Do for You
- Assistance through the probate process: Probate is the process by which a person’s debts are paid, taxes are filed, and property is distributed to heirs or beneficiaries according to instructions in a Will or as defined under Texas inheritance law. If you have been named the executor or administrator of an estate, we will walk you through the process step-by-step so you feel confident that you have completed every requirement according to the letter of the law.
- Guidance through the process of administering an estate: If no Will exists, the court will appoint an administrator to handle the business of distributing an estate. When you agree to administer an estate, you have a fiduciary duty to act in the heirs’ best interests. We can help you perform your duties effectively.
- Advice on probate alternatives: In certain circumstances you may be able to avoid much of the probate process when transferring assets. Mr. Yates can advise you of any probate alternatives that are less expensive, faster or better for the heirs and beneficiaries of the estate.
- Heirship determinations: A Will names the beneficiaries who are to receive assets. If a person dies without a Will, Texas law defines who will be rightful heirs. We assist administrators and heirs in legal matters concerning inheritance rights.
- Legal help obtaining (or fighting) guardianship: Attorney Yates is well versed in all issues concerning guardianship, having served as an associate judge for Collin County probate courts overseeing probate matters, including involuntary commitments in the mental illness system. He can help you understand your obligations and rights as guardian. He represents prospective guardians in guardianship proceedings. He also represents adults, other family members or interested parties who wish to dispute the need for guardianship.
- Estate and probate litigation: Although most probate disputes are cases get resolved outside of the courtroom, you can have confidence that your lawyer is willing to fight for you all the way through trial, and beyond. Attorney Yates is highly skilled in taking cases to trial.
Get the Help You Need with Probate a Will
We want you to feel comfortable picking up the phone to ask us questions, without concern that you are going to be billed for every minute. In that regard, our law firm works differently than most. You can also expect that we will demonstrate respect and compassion toward your family at all times, and that we will give you straight forward advice so you can make informed decisions.
Call our firm at 214-430-4440 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Prosper, Plano, or Frisco law offices. We serve clients in McKinney, Plano, Celina, Allen TX, and communities throughout Denton County.