Plano Employment Lawyers: Seeking Justice for Employees in Workplace Discrimination and Harassment Cases
Sexual harassment in the workplace can take two forms:
- In a “Quid Pro Quo” harassment situation, an employee has to put up with inappropriate sexual behavior from a supervisor in order to keep his/her job or a job benefit. If this occurs even once, it can be grounds for a workplace harassment lawsuit.
- The second kind of harassment is a hostile work environment, with a pattern of unwelcome, abusive and offensive conduct that is frequent, ongoing and severe.
Sexually harassing behavior can include:
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Threatening or intimidating an employee to engage in a sexual relationship
- Sexualizing the workplace with dirty jokes, innuendo, lewd behavior
- Inappropriate and unwanted touching
Harassment can also be about one’s race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or other protected status. Harassment can include:
- Verbal and/or physical abuse
- Hostile and offensive conduct
Harassment happens to both women and men. If you believe you have been the victim of harassment or discrimination because of your gender, race, religion, or other protected status, call the Plano sexual harassment lawyers at Albin Roach: 214-430-4440.
Legal Action to End Harassment or Discriminatory Behavior
At Albin Roach, our Frisco employment discrimination attorneys work in and out of the courtroom to protect your interests and your job. When you come to our Frisco law office, we will ask you what you would like to achieve. Do you want your employer to change the nature of the workplace? To fire the offending employee? To give you your job back if you were let go? Are you seeking financial damages?
Then we’ll ask you to tell us your story:
- How the wrongful behavior developed,
- Who was involved,
- Whether and how you reported the harassing behavior to your employer,
- If any action was taken by your employer to end the behavior
We will gather evidence, assist you with filing a charge of discrimination and prepare a case for court, if necessary. Litigation can be time consuming and costly. When possible, we work outside of court to negotiate a favorable solution that will achieve your goals without the cost of a trial. We have extensive experience with both mediation and arbitration.
If we cannot achieve your goals through alternative means, we can take your case to trial. We are trial attorneys first and foremost, with extensive experience in business litigation in courts in Collin County and Denton County.