Representing Employers and Employees in Plano and Frisco
The employer-employee relationship is a highly regulated web of rights and responsibilities, overseen by a number of state and federal agencies. It can be difficult for employers to stay informed of, and stay in compliance with all of the regulations in the area of employment law.
Luckily, you don’t have to manage this task alone. You can seek legal advice when you need it from Frisco employment lawyer Laura Calhoun at the law firm of Albin Roach. Our firm represents employers and employees in employment law matters in Plano and Frisco, McKinney and Allen, Texas.
We handle employment issues at every stage of the employer-employee relationship, from drafting of employment contracts, to employee handbooks and compliance, to litigation of employment disputes.
Our goal in advising our clients and handling their legal disputes is always to secure the best possible result in the most cost-conscious manner, avoiding the stress of litigation whenever possible. By taking a risk mitigation approach, we are often able to head off employment problems before they arise.
- Drafting and negotiation of employment agreements to protect your business, such as non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and independent contractor agreements. Our attorneys assist in drafting the essential language that protects your secrets from being revealed to the public or disclosed to a competitor. A well-drafted employment contract benefits both the business and its employees. A company is able to recruit the best and brightest talent through appealing contractual terms.
- Employee handbooks to provide guidance for employees and legal protection, defenses and compliance obligations for employers.
- Legal counsel and legal defense if you are facing a claim of wrongful termination, employee sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation or other employment-related legal grievance. Our lawyers research and analyze the claims asserted by the employee, and build a strong legal case in support of your defense.
- Sexual harassment and discrimination: We support and defend employees whose rights and safety have been compromised in the workplace because of sexual harassment or workplace discrimination.
- Wrongful termination: If you believe you lost your job because of your race, age, religion, pregnancy status, disability or gender or other legally protected status – or if you were terminated because you filed a grievance about sexual harassment or a whistleblower claim about illegal actions by your employer – contact our firm immediately. You may have a claim for wrongful termination.
- Employment contracts and Severance Agreements: Before you accept a job offer or sign a Severance Agreement, particularly one with a non-compete clause that could severely limit your future business or employment opportunities, consult a lawyer. Ask for a review of the contract or offer of severance for possible renegotiation.
- Non-compete agreements that are too restrictive may not be enforceable. If you are facing a legal claim that you failed to abide by a non-compete agreement, get legal help.
- Independent contractors: Don’t work without a contract! A written agreement may help protect your rights and your income.
- Wage theft and overtime violations could be costing you money. If your employer is not paying you correctly for the hours worked, you need a lawyer to protect your rights in court.
Laura Calhoun is a board certified legal specialist in labor and employment law. She drafts employee policy handbooks and routinely provides counseling to business owners and managers on compliance with state and federal employment laws regarding hiring, firing, discipline, wages and compensation, sexual harassment and other anti-discrimination/harassment/ retaliation policies. Laura briefed a case that was heard by the United States Supreme Court and resulted in a favorable change in the law.
Contact Our Frisco and Plano Employment Law Firm
Albin Roach represents businesses and workers in employment and independent contractor litigation. We also draft contracts as part of a risk management plan that avoids disputes. Call our Frisco and Plano law firm at 214-430-4440 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.