Laura is the managing partner of the Albin Roach’s first-rate family section. Her legal practice primarily focuses on mediation but keeps her legal skills sharp by handling a few, hand-picked litigation cases. Her combination of experience provides the attorneys she supervises with an incredible resource to represent Albin Roach clients at the highest level.
Laura’s philosophy on handling family law cases is to resolve the case as efficiently and as cost-effectively as possible. Having handled thousands of family law cases, Laura understands and sympathized with the emotional and financial cost of a divorce. She strives to balance the best interest of her client with the cost of continuing the fight. Her expertise at this balancing act has helped to many of her clients get a good result at a reasonable cost.
Once you meet Laura you realize she has as much energy as a five-year old boy after drinking a six-pack of Coke. As a partner at a successful law firm and a mother of 3 energetic and busy boys and the wife of a less energetic husband, Laura has little time to sit still. You can often hear her say, “You can rest when your dead.”
Laura has a knack for seeing the big picture, having little desire to focus on the minutia. Focusing on the big picture and having high energy lets people know they are in good hands when Laura Roach is on their case. She has the necessary knowledge of the law, ability to think out of the box, the confidence to calm fears and the sense of humor to provide a break from the stress of divorce. If Laura Roach is on your case, as your attorney or mediator, you are going to get the best attributes and professionalism you can find in an attorney.
Laura loves a challenge and that is why she was born to mediate family law cases. She is most satisfied when she settles a case when neither the lawyers or the parties believe there is no chance of settlement. She has mediated over 2,200 cases and has settled about 98% of them.
Laura has been recognized as Plano’s Best Attorney in Plano Profile magazine in 2013, Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyers 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Top 21 to Lead Collin County into the 21st Century by Inside Collin County Business, and her favorite recognition, Texas PTA lifetime member.
When she is not at work, she loves her quality time with her three boys and her husband and two dogs. As a family they spend a lot of time working out together (5am every morning), travelling all over the globe, being involved in Special Olympics and enjoying life in the Dallas Ft. worth area.
And if her kids and work weren’t enough, she and her Husband recently wrote a book together called Divorce in Peace. Laura’s husband, John, is a State District Judge who presides over family law cases. Laura and John were fed up with the destruction often caused by the adversarial, family law court system. Their book is their effort to let divorcing couples know there is a better way to divorce than going to court. You can buy their book at www.divorceinpeace.com
Areas of Practice
- Family Litigation
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- University of Arizona
Honors and Awards
- One of “21 Persons Leading Collin County into the 21st Century,” Inside Collin County Business
- Named “Rising Star” for Attorneys in Texas age 40 or younger by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers, 2011
- 2013, 2014, 2015 Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyers
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Dallas Top Attorney in D Magazine
- 2013 Best Plano Attorney in Plano Profile Magazine
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2011
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyer, 2013, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Hope’s Door Battered Womens Shelter of Collin County, CASA Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Live From Plano
- Collin Historical Commission
- Collin County Young Lawyers Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Bexar County District Attorney, Intern
- District Attorney’s Office in Bexar County, Appellate and Felony Sections, Assistant District Attorney
- Allen, Stein, Durbin, Powers and Hunnicutt, Associate Civil Litigation Attorney
- Fletcher and Springer, Associate Civil Litigation Attorney
- Roach LLP, Partner
- Albin Harrison Roach, Partner