Our Plano and Frisco Probate Lawyers Represent Executors, Administrators, Beneficiaries and Heirs
After the loss of a loved one, handling probate matters can be a daunting task. You must contend with complex legalese and procedural rules at a time when you are grieving. Albin Roach can help you through the process. We can handle all aspects of your probate matter throughout North Texas. Our Plano and Frisco probate attorneys counsel you on your legal options for probating your loved one’s will or administering an estate with no will in the most cost-effective and efficient manner possible.
What Our Probate Lawyers Can Do for You
Our team gives you peace-of-mind about the probate of your loved one’s estate. For this reason, we want you to feel comfortable picking up the phone to ask us questions without concern that you are going to be billed for every minute. Our firm works differently than most in this regard.
We demonstrate respect and compassion toward your family and give you straightforward, experienced advice so you can make informed decisions about your legal affairs. We may offer advice about:
- The Probate Process — The volumes of laws that govern the probate process can confuse even highly experienced lawyers who do not regularly practice probate. Our probate attorneys have committed years to refining our knowledge about the probate statutes and we remain current on changes in the law. We walk you through the process step-by-step so you feel confident in the outcome.
- Probate Options — Probate is not always necessary for every estate. In certain circumstances, a simpler probate process may be available; or, you may be able to avoid probate altogether. Additionally, some assets may be considered non-probate property, such as trusts and real estate titled in a certain way. We advise you of the probate options that are least expensive, most expeditious and best for the heirs or beneficiaries of the estate.
- Guardianship Process — If you want to protect the interests of a minor child or an incapacitated adult, our lawyers can help you through the guardianship process. We give you the legal support you need to make good decisions about your future and the future of your family.
- Probate of Wills — Chances are, you have never probated a will before being named executor in your loved one’s estate. Our attorneys give you guidance so you can probate the will in accordance with the laws and your loved one’s intentions.
- Administration of Estates — The court may appoint an administrator to an estate if no will exists or you may have been named executor in a will. When you agree to administer an estate, you accept important responsibilities for identifying, inventorying, preserving and distributing assets. In this role, you have a fiduciary duty to act in the heirs’ best interests. We can help you perform your duties effectively.
- Guardianships of Minors and Adult Incapacitated Persons — Whether to undertake the responsibility of becoming a guardian to a minor or incapacitated person is a life-altering decision. Our team gives you the facts so you understand your obligations and rights as guardian. We represent you in guardianship proceedings designed to consider the best interests of the ward.
- Heirship Determinations — A will names the beneficiaries who are to receive assets. However, when a person dies without a will, the court must determine who the rightful heirs are. Our lawyers can represent you in an heirship determination so you receive your rightful inheritance.
Get the Help You Need with Texas Probate
Albin Roach represents executors, heirs and guardians in probate matters in Plano, Frisco, and throughout Collin County. Call us at 214-423-5100 or contact our law firm online.