Megan Rachel joined Albin Roach in 2018 where she practices exclusively in the
firms Family Law Section.
Megan has 27 years of experience and handles cases in all areas of family law including Divorce, Collaborative Divorce, complex property division, child custody, modification of child custody, grandparent’s rights and family violence issues including both obtaining protective orders and defending against them. With her 27 years of experience, Megan has come to understand the uncertainty and apprehension an individual may suffer when facing a potential divorce or other family law issue. During these difficult times when emotions are often running high and people are often overcome with fear, frustrations and sometimes anger, Megan approaches her clients and their situations with the compassion and the personal attention they need and deserve. As a skilled negotiator, Megan works with her clients to identify all possible settlement options and works diligently to secure agreements that can avoid the necessity of an expensive trial. However, in the end if a trial is what is needed, Megan is also a skilled litigator and she was named as one of 10 best female attorneys by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
When not practicing family law, Ms. Rachel participates in numerous professional organizations. She is a member of the Curt B. Henderson Inn of Court, the Collin County Bar Association, the Collaborative Law Alliance of Collin County, The Collin County Bench Bar Foundation—fellow, The Collin County Bar Association, and the Frisco Bar Association.
Outside of work, Megan likes to travel with her husband and, when they are
available, her two children.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Custody & Visitation
- Collaborative Family Law
- Modification of Custody
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements (aka – Pre or Post marital Agreements)
- Protective Orders
- Texas, 1990
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
J.D. – 1990
- Texas Tech, Lubbock, Texas
B.A.Mktg. – 1987
Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section Member
- Collin County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Board member, 2015 through present
- Collin County Collaborative Divorce, Member
- Collin County Bench Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Frisco Bar Association, Member
- Denton County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court, Master
- Treasurer, 2015 through present
- Collaborative Law Alliance of Collin County, Certified Mediator